South Carolina

General Statutes
Civil Remedies and Procedures
Notaries Public and Acknowledgements
Public Records
Property and Conveyances
Mortgages and Other Liens
Contracts and Agents
Corporations, Partnerships and Associations
Banking, Financial Institutions and Money
Uniform Commercial Code
Consumer Protection Code
Rules of Appellate Procedure

Criminal Statutes
Rules of Criminal Procedure

Rules of Professional Conduct: (Discipline/Counsel)
Bar Website
Rules of Professional Conduct
Grievance Process
Bar Grievance Form Not available online – (See Grievance Process above)

If you believe you have a grievance against an attorney–which you believe can be proven and documented by obtainable evidence–then you should write or call:

Commission on Lawyer Conduct
1015 Sumter St., Ste. 305
Columbia, SC 29201
Telephone:  803-734-2037

Judicial Misconduct: (Discipline/Judges)
Code of Judicial Conduct
Judicial Misconduct Complaint Process
Judicial Misconduct Complaint Form not available online – See FAQ #2

2. Is there a form required to initiate a complaint against a judge?
No, just a signed letter that identifies the judge, describes specifically the judge’s conduct, and includes your full address and phone number is all that is required.

Send your complaint to:
Commission on Judicial Conduct

The Hon. Thomas W. Cooper, Jr., Chairman
1015 Sumter Street, Suite 305
Columbia, SC 29201

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s